Saturday 14 June 2008

Beef Jerky in Lemongrass / Dendeng Sereh

I took the recipe from "Creative Kitchen", it looks so tempting and I tried to make my own the day after the nasi uduk. Well... after standing for that long hours still couldn't get me to rest my feet. This time it took me more or less the same time. How come?? I really have no clue which part of this preparation sucks half of my day *hahaha* For the next few days I walked like a zombie :p



Dendeng Sereh / Beef Jerky in Lemongrass (source: creative kitchen)


300 g Beef, boiled and stripped (I cut into matches stick)
65 ml Coconut cream
200 cc Beef stock (reserved from boiling the beef)
5 Citrus leaves
1 Lime juice
1 Lemongrass, take the white part and bruised
Salt
Sugar
Pepper
Chili sauce


Ground:
5 cloves of garlic
8 shallots
2 red chilies
2 tomatoes
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
4 cm galingale (laos)
4 cm turmeric (kunyit)



Heat small amount of oil in a wok and stir fry the ground ingredients until fragrant, add in all other ingredients and cook until the liquid dried out. Serve with hot steam rice.

No comments: